At Nemo Carpentry Services our Occupational Health, Safety and Rehabilitation Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility.
The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace.
- To make health and safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To ensure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health and safety management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing occupational health and safety (OHS) controls that are suitable to each given situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OHS risks
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.